Saturday, June 26, 2010

I always remember Aunt Dorothy as my Dad's "kid sister." Her warmth, graciousness, intelligence, and most of all, her beautiful smile always made her my "favorite relative to visit" when I was a kid. She always reminds me of her mother, my grandmother, who was a remarkable woman in her own right. Over the years, we have had a wonderful, if occasional, relationship with Aunt Dorothy. I have only occasionally lived near enough to visit very often, but as her kids have grown, we have developed great relationships with some of them as well. Karen and I are now fellow-midwesterners, and have been able to get together. I will never forget when my son Scott and I ran into Katie in Church in Paris! More recently, Roger was our "expert chef" advisor, when we were staying in the Provo Marriott.

Margie and I, and all of our kids (who all remember their brief encounters with Aunt Dorothy with fondness) wish our beloved Aunt Dorothy a wonderful 80th birthday (the youngest 80 year old you will EVER meet!!), and many more years of blessing all of our lives.

Love, Mike (Michael W. Draper, Nephi's son)

No comments:

Post a Comment